Are you a passionate and experienced design engineer seeking a challenging role that allows you to apply your expertise to innovative projects? Napier City Council currently has an opportunity for an experienced and talented Senior Design Engineer to join our dynamic team and contribute to the development of our 3 Waters infrastructure.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your extensive technical experience to a leadership role, providing specific specialised technical expertise to the design team members and contributing to the ongoing development of a high performing and competent team.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring 3 Waters infrastructure meet appropriate industry standards from design through to execution
- Management and undertaking of verification of designs and drawings to ensure they are consistent with required design standards
- Liaise with asset managers, project managers and external contractors to ensure the desired outcomes are met.
- Quality Assurance of resource planning and management.
- Mentoring of our design team to assist council with building a high performing and skilled team.
To be considered for the position you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in civil engineering
- At least 15 years engineering, design, and engineering review experience in three waters, at a high technical level
- Previous experience training/mentoring design team members in areas of best practice
- Strong knowledge of local authority infrastructure engineering, design and life cycle management principles and practices
- Understanding of the importance of being a team player
- Highly developed communication skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire and foster a cohesive team environment using an innovative, consultative and flexible approach
Full details including the job description can be found at https://www.napier.govt.nz/our-council/careers/job-vacancies/. We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
Join the dynamic team at Napier City Council, where we pride ourselves on excellence, integrity, and sustainability, while delivering exceptional customer and community service. As one of Napier's most sought-after employers, we offer more than just a job. How about exclusive retail discounts, subsidized medical insurance, and a generous 5 weeks of annual leave after just 2 years of service?
We're not just any employer – we're an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and warmly welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Our commitment to inclusivity extends to our recruitment process, where we strive to break down barriers and create an environment where every employee can flourish and bring their best. If you require any accommodations or adjustments to ensure a smooth application or interview process, please let us know. Our dedicated HR department is here to make reasonable adjustments, ensuring a fair and accessible recruitment experience for all.
Before joining our team, our preferred candidates will undergo thorough pre-employment screening. Rest assured, this includes drug testing to ensure a safe and healthy workplace. Some roles may also require health screening.
At Napier City Council, we play a vital role in Civil Defence emergencies, and that means everyone on our team may be called upon to support the response. It's an opportunity to make a real difference in our community.
Don't miss out on the chance to be a part of our exciting team at Napier City Council. Apply today and discover a rewarding career where your skills and contributions are valued.
Job Description - Senior Design Engineer 3 Waters