Senior Design Engineer (3 Waters)
- Permanent position working 40 hours per week
- $105,000+ (incl KiwiSaver) indicative salary
- Use your engineering experience to help improve the city!
Napier is the cultural, artistic, transport and technology hub of the Hawke's Bay region and is quickly developing into the best small city in New Zealand.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
What will you be doing in 2020? A new year and a new role working for the Design Team who responsible for the design of a variety of three waters utility works, roading projects (major and minor works), sportsgrounds and other civil engineering works throughout the City of Napier.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer who is experience in 3 Waters. This is a key role in the team so if you want to make a difference to people's lives through infrastructure striving to make Napier a better place to live, then this role is for you.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical advice on infrastructure designs to appropriate standards and ensuring three waters/roading and other infrastructure designs meet appropriate industry standards
- Managing and undertaking verification of designs and drawing to ensure they are consistent with required design standards and that they deliver the design intent
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key external and internal stakeholders involved in the development of design and draughting plans
- Contributing to the ongoing development of a high performing and competent team
To be considered for the position you will need to demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in engineering (Civil)
- At least 15 years' engineering, design, and engineering review experience in three waters, roading and other city infrastructure assets at a high technical level
- Previous experience training/mentoring design team members in areas of best practice; further developing the idea of what practice or ‘good' looks like and how to apply it
- Knowledge of local authority infrastructure engineering, design and life cycle management principles and practices
- The ability to motivate, inspire and foster a cohesive team environment using an innovative, consultative and flexible approach reflected in your highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
What do we offer you?
The opportunity to use your experience to progress your career into a leadership role by contributing to the ongoing development of a high performing and competent team using proven niche technical skills to provide specific specialised technical expertise to the design team members.
You will engage with a team of dedicated and enthusiastic people who care for each other as much as they care for the producing a high quality product.
We have a strong commitment to develop our engineering staff and are presently seeking to gain Professional Development Status (P.D.P.) with Engineering New Zealand. We actively support, and sponsor, our staff to attain Chartered Engineer Status.
Our Design Team is in a growth phase within a council that is building a culture of excellence, accountability and collaboration. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.