Plant & Asset Maintenance Technician
Permanent, 40 hrs per week
The Napier Aquatic Network has an opportunity for an experienced Plant & Asset Maintenance Technician to join our highly competent team. Primarily based at Ocean Spa - you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance to ensure our facilities, plant and assets are maintained with quality service in accordance to current quality and health and safety standards.
Key tasks include:
- Maintenance of pumps, pool filters and chemical dosing of pumps.
- Water testing and adjustment, general care of pool shell and reticulation.
- Programmed or non-scheduled maintenance and repairs.
- Facilities and equipment being maintained to a high standard at all time.
- Regular site, plant, asset and equipment inspections.
- Identify and carry out improvement initiatives.
- Proactive and preventative maintenance for continuous operation.
- Contributing to a regular on call roster for emergency maintenance across both pool facilities.
- New Zealand Certificate in Aquatic Treatment Systems (Level 4) or similar
- NZQA first Aid qualification
- Previous experience as a plant maintenance technician
- Knowledge of Aquatics mechanisms, plant and assets
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and awareness of surrounding environments
- Problem solving and diagnostics
- Ability to meet scheduled timelines
- Ability be self-motivated and work well in a team
- Sense of humour
If you take pride in your work and want to contribute to a team who are proud to deliver pristine aquatic facilities to our community and visitors, we want to hear from you! We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 week's annual leave after 2 years' service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening
Applications close: 4 weeks from advertising