3 Waters Programme Planner
Napier City Council has an opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Infrastructure team as a 3 Waters Programme Planner.
As a 3 Waters Programme Planner, you will play a crucial role in the effective planning and coordination of Napier City Council's 3 Waters program. The 3 Waters program encompasses the management of drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater services within the city. You will work closely with various stakeholders, including engineers, project managers, and regulatory bodies, to ensure the smooth execution of projects and the delivery of high-quality water infrastructure services to the community.
The 3 Waters Programme Planner is responsible for assisting the delivery of an ambitious capital works programme (around $400 million) over the next 10 years, delivering major transformations in our water, wastewater and stormwater networks. The role takes a systematic and structured view of the works programme and assists in developing work projects/programme across the 3 Waters Team and the Programme Delivery Team for the current and future benefit of the community.
- Tertiary training preferably in project planning, contracting or business administration
- A minimum of 5 years construction, project and or Council Industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of a complex programme of infrastructure projects from initiation through to project completion
- Demonstrated experience in contract and budget management, planning and forecast processes, project governance, risk management, stakeholder engagement and communication
- Demonstrated understanding in the management of a whole of asset lifecycle involving the prioritised capital planning, and renewal or replacement of assets through a capital delivery programme of works
- Demonstrated understanding in the development and implementation of Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality management systems
- Familiarity with scoping water industry capital projects, working in or for local government, or a water authority
We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 week's annual leave after 2 years' service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.