Environmental Compliance Officer
Napier City Council is on a mission to lead the way in environmental stewardship, and we're seeking a talented and dedicated Environmental Compliance Officer to join our dynamic team. As an Environmental Compliance Officer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our operations align with the highest environmental standards and comply with all relevant regulations.
- Monitor the discharge of stormwater and trade wastes into the Council system
- Assist with the preparation of stormwater catchment management plans
- Undertake environmental monitoring as required
- Bachelor's Degree in an environment management or related field
- Previous experience working in an environmental management field
- Ability to scientifically and critically analyse environmental chemistry results
- Knowledge of contractual relationships and administration of payments
- Previous experience in stormwater and wastewater would be an advantage
Exceptional communication and organisation skills are a must, and you will be someone who enjoys working as part of a team in a busy work environment.
If you are looking to take the next steps towards a career in environmental management, apply now! We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 week's annual leave after 2 years' service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.