3 Waters Compliance Officer
3 Waters Compliance Officer
Permanent, 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Highly supportive learning environment
- Multiple career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects
Looking for a challenging role that contributes to the safety and wellbeing of the community? Then look no further! We are seeking a motivated and experienced 3 Waters Compliance Officer to join our team.
The 3 Waters Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that Napier City Council is compliant with all relevant regulations and standards related to water management, specifically in terms of our drinking water.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Monitor and maintain compliance with national and regional water regulations, as well as industry best practices.
- Conduct regular internal/external site visits and inspections to identify potential compliance issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop and implement compliance plans and procedures to ensure that Napier City Council is meeting all requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to staff on compliance-related matters, including training and development.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, stakeholders, and regulators to address compliance issues and develop solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with changes to water-related regulations and standards, and communicate these changes to relevant stakeholders.
- A degree in environmental science, public health, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in auditing, water compliance, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of national and regional water regulations and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify potential compliance issues and recommend solutions.
- A proactive and results-driven approach, with the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 week's annual leave after 2 years' service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.