Second Cook - Kennedy Park Resort
Kennedy Park Resort is seeking an experienced Second Cook to join our kitchen team on a casual basis.
As Second Cook, you will be responsible for preparing meals (including take-aways) to a high standard in line with meets Food Safety and Hygiene standards. You will work closely with the First Cook and the Food and Beverage Coordinator, providing exceptional service in your interactions with our customers.
You may already be working in the industry or studying towards a qualification, either way - you will bring your passion for delivering excellent customer service and great food to the table!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Cooking qualification (or working towards one) or relevant work experience
- Experience working in a commercial environment
- Restaurant, function catering, and front of house service experience
- Ability to cater for youth groups and sports teams.
- Excellent food preparation and presentation
- High standards of personal presentation and hygiene
- Take a proactive approach to Health and Safety
- Great work ethic, reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Current Drivers Licence is desirable
To be considered for this role, you must be available to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as required.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
Kennedy Park Resort is a fantastic accommodation and conference venue that creates fun family holiday experiences, hosts family parties, provides the best choice for school group and sports teams accommodation and has a conference venue that lets you get down to business.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 week's annual leave after 2 years' service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.