Multiskilled Concrete Masonry Tradesperson
Napier City Council is currently looking for an experienced Multi-skilled Concrete/Masonry Tradesperson to join our dedicated City Services team. Playing a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing the infrastructure of our beautiful city, this role will see you constructing, reinstating and repairing concrete footpaths, vehicle and pram crossings, as well as carrying out maintenance to stone paths and drives, brick and block walls and chambers and other Council assets. Some tiling work may also be required.
- Action customer service requests quickly and return completed request promptly to the Team Leader Water with appropriate written feedback.
- Carry out all repairs and construction of concrete surfaces these include; footpaths motor and pram crossings, kerb and channels etc. to a high standard, and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Carry out all repairs and construction of masonry fixtures, these include block and brick walls and chambers, cobble stone paths and drives, bricks, rocks and tiles etc.
- Identify and report serious faults promptly to the Team Leader Water.
- Ensure all plant, equipment and tools are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy state ready for next use.
- Communicate with the public in a manner that prompts a friendly and customer oriented image of Napier City Council.
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Team Leader Water from time to time.
- National or trade qualification in concrete/masonry trades or equivalent
- Full drivers licence
- 5+ years in the concrete/masonry industry, including boxing, placing and finishing concrete work
- Previous experience working with reinforcing steel, including fabrication
- Competent in the use of machinery and tools of the trade
- HT (Class 2) licence and WTR would be advantageous
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. Full details including the job description can be found at https://www.napier.govt.nz/our-council/careers/job-vacancies/. We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 week's annual leave after 2 years' service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.