Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, plus Saturdays on a roster basis).
We are looking a person to join our team as a Parking Officer who has:
- The ability to interpret and enforce traffic regulations, bylaws and policies.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and display sound judgement and tact in decision making and problem solving.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team and maintain the utmost confidentiality in work related matters are essential attributes.
- Exercise a methodical and practical approach to duties.
- Effective and clear communication and computer skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Conflict resolution skills: be experienced in handling tense, difficult or confrontational situations with tact and diplomacy.
- The ability to relate to a wide variety of people in a professional manner.
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- A good level of fitness as you will be required to walk for significant periods.
- A full clean NZ driving licence.
You may be required to work some late nights and public holidays on a rostered basis, so some flexibility in work hours is required.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.