Permanent full time role 42.5 hours per week
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are looking someone to join our small team at Napier Cemetery. This is a high profile area of work where sensitivity, discretion and professional approach to a wide variety of people is essential combined with maintaining high standards of presentation at all cemeteries.
You will work in a tranquil setting assisting with digging, setting up, filling in of burial and ash internment sites, mowing lawns with walk behind and ride on mowers, application of herbicide for weed control, weed eater to trim lawn edges and banks, general ground maintenance and development of new grave sites.
Ideally you will have;
- 3 years secondary schooling
- Six months experience with working weed eaters and small machinery
- Recent Experience operating tractor and diggers is required
- Approved Agrichemical Handler (Growsafe) is desirable
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate positively to members of the public
- Ability to perform cemetery maintenance to a high standard
- A general level of fitness
- A current full driver's licence class 1 is essential
- A current driver's license class T is desirable
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening