Resource Consents Planner
Who we are
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Resource Consent Planner within Council's City Strategy directorate. You will be an integral member in our team directly involved in ensuring the coordinated delivery of City Strategy policies, and ultimately influencing the shape of the City. As well as this you will be involved in:
What the role includes:
- Processing of Resource Consents, Building Consents and LIMs;
- Environmental monitoring and compliance;
- Establishment and maintenance of strong and meaningful relationships with key agreed/targeted external and internal clients and providing high quality resource management/development advice;
- The ongoing development of a high performing and competent team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person with:
- A tertiary qualification in Planning, Resource Management or related fields;
- Practical experience within Local Government, the private sector or related field, in resource management/development process, or other similar experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation relating to resource management and local government;
- Eligibility for NZPI membership;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A high degree of competency in negotiation, facilitation, coordination and conflict resolution.
- Good sense of humour and a positive approach to work and life
- A mature and co-operative nature.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening