LIFEGUARD, NAPIER AQUATIC CENTRE
Casual positions available, working as and when required.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and excellent customer and community service.
The Napier Aquatic Centre includes indoor heated pools, spa pools and 2 fully covered water slides. The complex is open every day, all year round, and offers a 'Learn-to-Swim' programme, school holiday programmes, and a range of recreational activities and events.
Lifeguards are the frontline of the Aquatic Centre and responsible for the safety and enjoyment of customers using the facilities. The Aquatic Centre is open daily between 6.00am and 9.00pm and we are looking for casual Lifeguards to work as and when required.
As a Lifeguard, you will be responsible for
- Assisting the public and organisations in their safe use of the Napier Aquatic Centre
- Ensure safe work practices are followed.
- Proactively promote safe behavior and injury prevention.
- Maintaining personal levels of competence in life saving technique
What you'll bring to the role
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Friendly and cooperative attitude
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Has a very reliable and proactive work ethic
- Able to swim and are confident in the water
- Current First Aid Certificate (is preferred but not essential)
Our preferred candidates may be required to undergo pre-employment screening which will include drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
We encourage you to apply now! We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.