Asset Strategy Team Administrator
Permanent full-time, working 40 hours per week.
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Asset Strategy Team are part of Councils Infrastructure Services, a dynamic group of engineers and planners who oversee the management of the majority of the council's infrastructure assets including our buildings, parks, and transportation network. Asset Strategy also includes a development team that facilitate quality development across the city.
The team have an exciting future ahead with many projects underway and a lot to juggle. This is a busy role where no two days are the same and as such, we have an opportunity for a highly efficient administrator to support the varied administrative requirements of the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being a knowledgeable point of contact for inbound calls for customers.
- Ably assisting the Personal Assistant to the Director of Infrastructure, with complex diary management and day-to-day admin needs.
- Raising, monitoring and responding to customer service requests.
- Providing administration support for the team - anything from taking meeting minutes, report formatting and filing, to booking courses and conferences as well as invoice processing
- Providing back up admin support to other teams within the Infrastructure Directorate
Key requirements include:
- At least 5 years' experience in a relevant administration role
- Excellent knowledge of office system software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Incredibly organised with excellent time management skills.
Previous experience and knowledge of Council business, asset management or enterprise systems would be advantageous.
If you have a willingness to learn, can work both in a team and independently, are able to collaborate with stakeholders, enjoy continuous improvement and have a professional manner, this role could be for you!
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response
Please note Only those workers who are fully vaccinated (i.e. have completed an NZ Government recognised course of COVID-19 vaccination and can provide an electronic copy or screenshot of a Government endorsed Vaccine Pass to demonstrate this) will be able to carry out work at Napier City Council workplace or represent Napier City Council in public.
You will be required to provide a copy of your Vaccine Pass upon application.