Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The design team provides civil engineering design and contract administration services for a variety of projects, including; road construction, three waters construction and other minor works.
We are seeking a Design Engineer to join our Design & Draughting team. You will be responsible for ensuring the coordinated design of infrastructure projects, including, 3 waters utility and other civil engineering works throughout the Napier City.
Using your technical skills the successful candidate will:
- Develop and carry out a wide variety of design work while ensuring compliance with original design intent and best practice.
- Take the general design brief and oversee the execution of the design.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of external networks in order to be aware of current and future trends and changes.
- Undertake the contract administration of the work in conjunction with the projects team.
We require someone with:
- A professional tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering or NZCE (Civil).
- At least 5 years technical design experience.
- Solid technical experience in 3 Waters design.
- Proven time, resource planning and management experience.
- Proven ability to plan work schedules and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience and understanding of Civil engineering and land surveying practices and principles.
- Extensive knowledge of New Zealand local authority specifications, infrastructure design principles and practices.
- Extensive experience and sound knowledge of Safety in Design and implementation of same.
- Advanced experience with 12D.
If you enjoy working in a fun and supportive team, enjoy a work life balance, and would like to progress your career developing into a Chartered Engineer we have this opportunity for you. We encourage you to apply through Napier City Council website. Please note, due to our Xmas shutdown, we will be reviewing applications in the new year, and will be in touch will all applicants in the new year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
It is a requirement of Napier City Council that only those workers who are fully vaccinated (i.e. have completed a NZ Government recognised course of COVID-19 vaccination and can provide an electronic copy or screenshot of a Government endorsed Vaccine Pass to demonstrate this) will be able to carry out work at Napier City Council workplace or represent Napier City Council in public. You need to be aware that you will be required to attach a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination Pass as part of the application process.