Permanent full time - Monday - Friday
Napier is the cultural, artistic, transport and technology hub of the Hawke's Bay region and is quickly developing into the best small city in New Zealand.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
As the local property market is going through a period of accelerated growth and with a number of large infrastructure projects underway, the infrastructure team require additional support to assist with increased submissions. This Development Engineer role is critical to ensure the quality of new development and infrastructure asset inherited by the City. As part of the team, you will be involved with reviewing and commenting on resource and building consent applications involving private and public infrastructure.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and processing applications for engineering works involving the city's services and roading networks
- Providing information and professional advice as requested
- Providing a regulatory role to ensure the maintenance of consistent standards in respect to the District Plan, RMA, Building Act, Local Government Act and Council Bylaws
- Assessing engineering design plans for compliance with the Councils Engineering Code of Practice and relevant conditions of Resource Consents Undertake inspections and provide sign off of developments involving council services or when infrastructure is being vested with Council
To be considered for the position you will need:
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering (minimum requirement)
- Current driver's licence
- Proven background and experience in local authority engineering, including experience in planning processes, design, survey, construction and supervision of municipal works
- Broad knowledge and practical application of engineering, environmental and planning principles.
We encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response
It is important for applicants to know that Napier City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are required by job holders to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may require the job holder to be fully vaccinated. You need to be aware that you will be asked to declare your vaccination status as part of your application.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.