Second Cook - Kennedy Park
Casual hours - as and when required including weekends, evenings and public holidays.
Kennedy Park Resort is a fantastic accommodation and conference venue that creates fun family holiday experiences, hosts family parties, provides the best choice for school group and sports teams accommodation and has a conference venue that lets you get down to business.
We are currently looking for an experienced Cook to join the Kennedy Park team on a casual basis. Due to our business being open 7 days a week, including public holidays, we need someone who is available with the flexibility to help cater for our resort visitors. This role is available for an immediate start.
As the casual second cook, you will be responsible for preparing meals (including take-aways) to a high standard that meets Food Safety and Hygiene standards. You will work closely with the First Cook and the Food and Beverage Coordinator and you will have the opportunity to interact with our customers and provide exceptional service. You may already be working in the industry or studying towards a qualification, either way - you will bring your passion for delivering excellent customer service and great food to the table!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Cooking qualification (or working towards one) or relevant work experience
- Experience working in a commercial environment
- Restaurant, function catering, and front of house service experience
- Ability to cater for youth groups and sports teams
- Excellent food preparation and presentation
- High standards of personal presentation and hygiene
- Take a proactive approach to health and safety
- Great work ethic, reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Current driver's licence is desirable
What is in it for you?
- Be part of one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers
- Work in a safe environment that is committed to the health and safety of staff and the community
- Flexibility to work on a casual basis
Kennedy Park's restaurant "Storkey's" is fully licensed and can cater for up to 120 people. It is normally open for dinner 7 evenings a week from 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm (not including conferences and functions), and every evening at peak periods.
At the Napier City Council, we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
It is important for applicants to know that Napier City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are required by job holders to ensure the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may require the job holder to be fully vaccinated. You need to be aware that you will be asked to declare your vaccination status as part of your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.