Parking Officer / Senior Parking Officer
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, plus Saturdays on a roster basis).
We are looking for one more person to join our team either as a Parking Officer or a Senior Parking Officer.
To join our team, we are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to interpret and enforce traffic regulations, bylaws and policies
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and display sound judgement and tact in decision making and problem-solving
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team and maintain the utmost confidentiality in work-related matters are essential attributes
- Exercise a methodical and practical approach to duties
- Effective and clear communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Conflict resolution skills: be experienced in handling tense, difficult or confrontational situations with tact and diplomacy
- The ability to relate to a wide variety of people in a professional manner
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A good level of fitness as you will be required to walk for significant periods
- A full clean NZ driving licence
You may be required to work some late nights and public holidays on a rostered basis, so some flexibility in work hours is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response
It is important for applicants to know that Napier City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are required by job holders to ensure the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may require the job holder to be fully vaccinated. You need to be aware that you will be asked to declare your vaccination status as part of your application.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
If you would like to be a part of Napier City Council, then we encourage you to apply now!