Two Permanent position working 42½ hours per week (Monday to Friday, plus some weekends and public holidays depending on events)
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and excellent customer and community service.
This is a multi-skilled position with the sportsgrounds team assisting throughout the city areas when required. High standards of preparation and maintenance across a range of sporting codes are expected.
- Cricket wicket curator duties within all sportsgrounds to a high standard, as directed.
- Assist with mowing operations within all sportsgrounds, as directed.
- Able to work at any of the 15 sportsgrounds in the city area.
- Assist with grounds marking, small motorized plant, handmowing, sportfields mowers, tractors and implements, watering and any other preparation, maintenance or development of sportsgrounds.
- Maintain a high standard of presentation.
- Substantial experience (at least five years) in turf management and sportsgrounds preparation, especially for cricket, rugby and football.
- Experience with technical irrigation requirements and equipment
- Able to work under pressure in high profile public situations and maintain positive public relations;
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Experience in preparing cricket wickets preferred
- An eye for detail and able to maintain a high standard of finished work.
- Ability to relate positively to members of the public, sportsgrounds users and administrators.
If you have an eye for detail and able to maintain a high standard of work then we would love to hear from you. We encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response
It is important for applicants to know that Napier City Council is currently undergoing a health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are required by job holders to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. This role is subject to the risk assessment and depending on the outcome, may require the job holder to be fully vaccinated. You need to be aware that you will be asked to declare your vaccination status as part of your application.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.