Permanent position working 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (must be available for overtime as required).
Who we are
Napier is a lively and vibrant city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Water Supply Team is responsible for the maintenance and construction of the city water supply network. We are seeking a fit, reliable person with a positive attitude who enjoy working outdoors to join the Water Supply Team at Napier City Council.
About the role
Key tasks for the Water Supply Team includes carrying out construction, new connections, repairs and general maintenance on the Council's water supply, networks and associated infrastructure, assist in the efficient and effective operation of the water reticulation networks and identify faults.
This position offers a positive stable work environment with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Able to work cooperatively in a team and alone if required
- Reliable with good initiative and ability to follow instructions accurately
- Able to interpret plans and complete documentation
- Able to work overtime, including weekends when required
- Able to be available for the on-call roster and call-outs as and when required
- Fit, energetic, and able to cope with physical work outdoors in all weather
- Commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace
- Current Driver's Licence, Class 1
- Able to work in confined spaces
It is desirable if you have experience with:
- The Three Water Industry preferably water reticulation construction and maintenance
- The Civil Construction industry
- Working on the road access corridor
- Working with underground services
- Class 2 Driver Licence, W-T-R endorsement
If you think you are up to the challenge we would love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response. Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.