Permanent position, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Who we are
Napier is a lively and vibrant city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
About the role
The Change Lead will play a key role in creating and implementing change management strategies and plans to address resistance and maximise employee adoption, and to increase proficiency in change management. The Change Lead will also work with project teams to integrate change activities into project plans.
The Government are developing options for major reforms across 3 Waters and local government service delivery. In preparation, Napier City Council wants to support its people with organisational change readiness. Whilst the Change Lead does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will work across the whole organisation at all levels: acting as coach for senior leaders as well as providing training and support to managers and team leaders to help their direct reports through change.
Areas of focus:
- Lead change strategy development
- Complete change management assessments to identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams, and people leaders
- Contribute to communication and training
- Integrate change management activities into project plans
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Contribute to a change-ready organisational culture
You will enjoy working with people across the entire organisation and creating connections within multidisciplinary project teams. You are an experienced Change Manager with excellent communication skills and are keen to share your skills to assist project teams and the entire organisation. Your passion for understanding our people, what makes them tick and how they can contribute positive change will drive you in our diverse environment.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in business, management, or another appropriate field
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Significant (10+ years) previous experience in project management or change management
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
Among the many reasons you will want to join us are our employee benefits, including flexible work arrangements. We are open to applicants seeking a job share arrangement for this role. If you are keen to be part of a growing team enabling significant change across Napier City Council we encourage you to apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response. Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.