Customer Service Librarian - Part-time
Part-time position, 30 hours per week across 4 days, including one weekend day.
Our Napier Library is looking for someone with outstanding customer service skills to make a difference to the customers of our exceptional Library. This is a very busy frontline position based at both our Napier and Taradale branches, involving customer enquiries, issuing, returning stock and supporting the delivery of our community programmes.
The person we are looking for will have previous experience in a customer service role or better yet, in a library.
Other attributes include:
- The ability to deal calmly, courteously and effectively with a wide range of customers
- Being warm and having an open personality with a positive attitude, a sense of humour will go a long way
- Enthusiasm for libraries, reading and working with the community
- Well presented, with a professional manner at all times
- Being a good team player, willing to assist your teammates where required
- Having competent computer skills - training with our specific system will be provided
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Being fit and able to cope easily with the physical demands of the job
- The availability to work weekends and to work in both Taradale and Napier
This role will appeal to a customer focussed individual who relates well to people of all ages and backgrounds, has strong digital skills and shares our goal to make a difference to our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.