Design Engineer - 3 Waters
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The design team provides civil engineering design and contract administration services for a variety of projects, including; road construction, three waters construction and other minor works.
We are seeking a Design Engineer with experience in 3 Waters (Water, Wastewater and Stormwater to join our Design & Draughting team. You will be responsible for ensuring the coordinated design of infrastructure projects, including 3 Waters and other civil engineering works throughout the Napier City.
Using your technical skills the successful candidate will:
- Develop and carry out a wide variety of design work while ensuring compliance with original design intent and best practice.
- Take the general design brief and oversee the execution of the design.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of external networks in order to be aware of current and future trends and changes.
- Undertake the contract administration of the work in conjunction with the projects team.
We require someone with:
- A professional tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering or NZCE (Civil).
- At least 5 years technical design experience in 3 Waters Discipline.
- Strong experience with 3 Waters design software's like OpenRoads, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS and Sewer Gems.
- Good experience in gravity and pressure network designs.
- Good experience in report writing to a professional standard.
- Strong experience and sound knowledge of Safety in Design and implementation of same.
- Management, Surveillance and Quality Assurance experience.
- Proven time, resource planning and base level management experience.
- Proven ability to plan work schedules and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience and understanding of Civil Engineering and land surveying practices and principles.
- Good knowledge of New Zealand local authority specifications, infrastructure design principles and practices.
If you enjoy working in a fun and supportive team, enjoy a work life balance, and would like to progress your career developing into a Chartered Professional Engineer we have this opportunity for you. We encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.