Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The design team provides civil engineering design and contract administration services for a variety of projects, including; road construction, three waters construction and other minor works.
We are seeking a Design Engineer experienced in roading to join our Design & Draughting team. You will be responsible for ensuring the coordinated design of infrastructure projects, including roading, carparks, sportsgrounds, 3 waters utility and other civil engineering works throughout the Napier City.
Using your technical skills the successful candidate will:
- Develop and carry out a wide variety of design work from minor works and carparks through to major road reconstruction - including roundabouts while ensuring compliance with original design intent and best practice.
- Take the general design brief and oversee the execution of the design.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of external networks in order to be aware of current and future trends and changes.
- Undertake the contract administration of the work in conjunction with the projects team.
We require someone with:
- A professional tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering or NZCE (Civil).
- At least 5 years technical design experience.
- Solid technical experience in roading design or 3 Waters design.
- Excellent knowledge of horizontal and vertical design in accordance with the Austroads standards and a sound understanding of traffic engineering, intersection design and local area traffic management (LATM).
- Proven time, resource planning and management experience.
- Proven ability to plan work schedules and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience and understanding of Civil engineering and land surveying practices and principles.
- Extensive knowledge of New Zealand local authority specifications, infrastructure design principles and practices.
- Extensive experience and sound knowledge of Safety in Design and implementation of same.
- Advanced experience with 12D.
If you enjoy working in a fun and supportive team, enjoy a work life balance, and would like to progress your career developing into a Chartered Engineer we have this opportunity for you. We encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.