Senior Resource Consents Planner
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Napier is a lively and vibrant city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Resource Consents Planner within Council's City Strategy directorate. You will be an integral member in a team of six staff directly involved in ensuring the coordinated delivery of City Strategy policies, and ultimately influencing the shape of the City. As well as this you will be involved in:
- Processing of Resource Consents, Building Consents and LIMs;
- Environmental monitoring and compliance;
- Establishment and maintenance of strong and meaningful relationships with key agreed/targeted external and internal clients and providing high quality resource management/development advice;
- The ongoing development of a high performing and competent team.
So who are you?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person with:
- A tertiary qualification in Planning, Resource Management or related fields;
- Five years (Senior Resource Consent Planner) practical experience within Local Government, the private sector or related field, in resource management/development process, or other similar experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation relating to resource management and local government;
- Eligibility for NZPI membership;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A high degree of competency in negotiation, facilitation, coordination and conflict resolution.
- Good sense of humour and a positive approach to work and life
- A mature and co-operative nature.
Indicative annual salary range for these roles is between $85,000 and $101,000 depending on skills and experience.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.