Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Napier is a lively and vibrant city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
An opportunity has arisen in our Communications and Marketing team for a Marketing Coordinator. We are looking for a true team player - someone with boundless energy and enthusiasm who can turn their hand to a wide variety of media, digital, communications and event marketing tasks.
Essential skills and attributes include:
- Previous experience in a marketing or communications role
- Experience in the implementation of marketing plans and strategies
- Ability to write clear and concise copy for internal and external communications and a range of marketing channels
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as a high level of integrity and discretion
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Digital and social media experience including experience in content management systems
- Basic graphic design experience
- Ability to be work flexibly and under pressure to meet deadlines
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing or a similar discipline is essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which will include drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.