Assets Coordinator , Kennedy Park Resort
- Permanent position working 40 hours per week (typically Monday to Friday but may also include weekends and public holidays)
Kennedy Park Resort is a fantastic accommodation and conference venue that creates fun family holiday experiences, hosts family parties, provides the best choice for school group and sports teams accommodation and has a conference venue that lets you get down to business. It is set on 7.2 hectares of land. A pristine presentation of Kennedy Park's grounds, lawns and gardens plays a significant part in the guests' overall positive impression.
We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated and multi-skilled person to join our management team, ensuring that our park is in tip top shape.
About the Position
The responsibility of our Asset Coordinator is to schedule, coordinate and carry out the maintenance of Kennedy Park's buildings, roading, ground assets and equipment. You will report to the Kennedy Park Manager and lead a team of four permanent grounds and maintenance staff.
The core hours of work will be 40 hours per week worked Monday to Friday but there will be times that you are called back to work to cover absences or for emergency purposes after hours or over the weekend and public holidays.
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop staff.
- Conduct preventative maintenance to continued functionality of the site.
- Manage all external contractors to ensure quality of work and H&S standards are met.
- Distribute and follow up on work orders in a timely manner.
- Develop and document full asset management plans including cost estimates, realistic time frames, implementation options and possible contractors for regular ongoing maintenance programmes, as well as one-off projects.
- Carry out the maintenance of the swimming pool.
- Set priorities and ensure that staff, equipment and materials are efficiently allocated for best results.
We are looking for someone who has had success in leading highly functional and productive teams, whether working independently, or with a supervisor present. You will need to be physically agile as there is some heavy lifting involved with this position.
Ideally you'll have a background in building maintenance (with an understanding of the Building Act) and be able to demonstrate your knowledge of health and safety awareness, people management and contractor interaction.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in managing a team including rostering, relationship management and performance management.
- 4 - 5 years in a building, maintenance, planning and delivery type role.
- A basic knowledge of building trades (ie, plumbing, electrical, roofing, flooring and carpentry).
- A logical and practical approach to general maintenance problems.
- Experience in grounds keeping (ie mowing and gardening)
- Previous experience working with contractors.
- Customer service orientated with a happy, friendly disposition.
- Flexibility to work outside of "normal" hours if the need arises.
- Strong commitment to health and safety practices.
- Attention to detail and accurately record information.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and health screening. NCC is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.