Parks & Reserves Maintenance Team Member
Permanent position working 42½ hours per week (Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am and 4.30pm - depending on the season)
We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic people who are keen to roll up their sleeves and join our Parks & Playground Maintenance Team. You will assist with the maintenance and presentation of parks and reserves within the Napier city area. The role offers a variety to do including mowing, weed eating & spraying, maintenance of playground equipment, digging holes to install posts, barriers, gates and signs, cleaning and maintain Napier's water features, concreting, chainsaw and litter control. Will also involve track maintenance and tree planting.
You will need to have a passion for working outdoors and getting your hands dirty no matter the weather.
This active role enables you to work in lovely surroundings in a fun and stimulating environment, and with great people.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Mechanical knowledge and/or experience of machinery maintenance.
- Previous experience in a labouring role
- Be competent in the use of mowers, weed-eaters, small tractors, and using sprays
- A current Drivers Licence (essential) and an HT Licence (desirable)
- You must be multi-skilled and prepared to work in a variety of areas when required;
- A very good level of fitness and accustomed to manual work;
- Good verbal communication skills
- Reasonable level of literacy and good attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and health screening.