- Fixed-term positions working a minimum of 42.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday (must be available for overtime as required)
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Water Supply Team is responsible for the maintenance and construction of the city water supply network. We are seeking fit, reliable people with positive attitudes who enjoy working outdoors to join the Water Supply Team at Napier City Council.
Key tasks for the Water Supply Team includes carrying out repairs and general maintenance on the Council's water supply, networks and associated infrastructure, assist in the efficient and effective operation of the water reticulation networks and identify faults.
This position offers a positive stable work environment with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Able to work cooperatively in a team and alone if required
- Reliable with good initiative and ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Able to interpret plans and complete documentation
- Able to work overtime, including weekends when required
- Fit, energetic, and able to cope with physical work outdoors in all weather.
- Commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace
- Current Driver's Licence
- Able to work in confined spaces
You must have the following experience:
- Experience in the Civil Construction Industry preferably water reticulation construction and maintenance
- Previous manual labouring work
- Experience working with underground services
- Class 2 Driver Licence, W-T-R endorsement
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.