Community Programme and Events
MTG Hawke's Bay is an award-winning museum, home of the region's taonga and other treasures. We showcase exhibitions of art, culture and social history, offer educational programmes to students of all ages and our Century Theatre features film, live theatre, concerts and more.
Here at MTG Hawke's Bay, we are immensely proud of what we do, and we are currently looking for a like-minded passionate person with exceptional event management experience to join our team to develop programmes to enhance support of our exhibition schedule, key community milestones and other MTG events. We need a creative, enthusiastic events superstar who is every bit a people person.
We have some exciting plans ahead for our re-opening later this year, and we need you! If you think you've got what it takes and you want to join our amazing team, apply now.
- Plan, develop and deliver MTG public programmes with support from the team
- Manage the delivery of all events to a high standard
- Actively promote and sell MTG as a venue for events in the marketplace
- Deliver key events throughout the year, eg film festival
- To ensure effective monitoring, analysis and regular reporting on implementation against policies, plans and SOPs
- Proven delivery of high quality and innovative public programmes and events
- Experience negotiating with and working with sponsors and clients
- Energy and enthusiasm
This is a permanent, full time role (40 hours per week). As you can imagine, events are not generally held Monday to Friday, so some flexibility in working hours and days is required.
Napier City Council is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier city Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including drug testing and a police check.