Development & Standards Liaison Officer
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
You will be responsible for
- Assisting the Team Leader Development & Standards, Senior Services Engineer and Asset owners to be the liaison for the public interface of engineering related works for the Council.
- Identify potential risks to Council and provide solutions that protect Council's liability.
- Project manage and process all applications, (internal & external), for engineering works and to provide information and professional advice as requested.
- Provide a regulatory role to ensure the maintenance of consistent standards between internal and external engineering works in respect of the District Plan, Resource Management Act, Building Act, Local Government Act and Council By Laws.
To be considered for the position you will have:
- Relevant tertiary diploma (NZ Diploma in Engineering or Environmental or Science).
- 3 - 4 years' experience in a Utilities or Local Government
- Knowledge of 3 waters engineering or utility operations and maintenance
- Experience in system performance monitoring tools and techniques
- Previous project management
In addition, it is vital that you have excellent communication skills, with a genuine commitment to excellent customer service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing, personality profile and, for some roles, health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.