Building Consents Officer x 2
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and excellent customer and community service.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Building team as a Building Consents Officer. We are currently seeking qualified, experienced and customer-focused people with a background in the construction industry to join our processing and inspection teams.
As a Building Consents Officer you will be responsible for:
- The administration of the Building Act and associated regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the development process within Napier City is run in accordance with the Building Act and relevant legislation
- Assessing applications and plans relating to building consents
- Inspecting building work that is carried out under building consent approval
- Meeting or exceeding accreditation standards to reduce the liability exposure to Council
What you'll bring to the role:
- A qualification that complies with Regulation 18 of the Accreditation Regulations
- A broad understanding of the Building Act and New Zealand Building Code
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a substantial workload to meet statutory deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate positively with a wide range of people
- The ability to work co-operatively in a busy team and the confidence to work with minimum supervision
- Sound computer and related technology skills
- A strong commitment to positive customer service
What is in it for you:
- Join the Building team and be part of the rewarding culture
- Great opportunity to use your industry knowledge in a professional environment
- Ongoing training and development
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If you would like a job description emailed to you, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the JD you require (processing or inspections) and we can organise that for you.