Senior Project Manager
Permanent position, working 40 hours per week.
Napier is the cultural, artistic, transport and technology hub of the Hawke's Bay region and is quickly developing into the best small city in New Zealand.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Project Management Team is responsible for the management and delivery of all infrastructure projects and contracts. This is a key role in planning, organising, leading and controlling large and complex projects. You will have in-depth knowledge and extraordinary skills in delivering projects and have the drive and passion to deliver a programme of work that will transform the City.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and overseeing infrastructure projects and special projects using standard project management processes
- Coordinate multi-disciplined teams of internal and external resources to achieve agreed objectives.
- Administer or supervise the administration of project contracts and report on contract performance impacts
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the leadership of the organisation and strengthen its performance culture
- Implementing the development and maturity of NCC Project Management practices and quality
- Providing a program management service, infrastructure, or network-wide coordinated view of ongoing projects
- Manage high profile/high risk/ or large projects involving the coordination of other project management staff parts of which may be delegated to others
- Managing programs of work that are ongoing over multiple years (i.e. Parklands development, Water system network upgrades, shared services contracts parts of which may be delegated to others)
- Supporting the wider team with your knowledge of Delivering Projects
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in engineering (Civil) with substantial experience civil engineering and project management, or you would have 10+ years' experience in infrastructure/building related field with experience in managing larger and more complex projects
- Recognised Project Management Qualification - ie PMP
- Managed multiple tasks or projects concurrently with budgets in the hundreds of thousands to tens of millions of dollars
- Experience in leading a project management team or department
- Delivered substantial-sized projects within Local Authority or Government, engineering, infrastructure or construction
- Managed projects involving multiple disciplines and/or coordination of input from multiple contractors
- Awareness of internal business budget level responsibilities and business performance efficiency metrics
What do we offer you?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-seasoned Senior Project Manager to use your experience in leadership to contribute to the ongoing development of a high performing and competent project management team in an environment that is transforming.
Our Design & Project Team is in a growth phase within a council that is building a culture of excellence, accountability and collaboration. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.