Public Gardens and Nursery Team Member
Permanent position working 42.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am and 4.30pm - depending on the season)
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced gardener to join our Horticultural team, responsible for planning, planting and maintaining showpiece garden areas around Napier.
You will need to have a passion for working outdoors and getting your hands dirty, no matter the weather.
This position will also include nursery work when required, consisting of propagating seeds/cuttings and general aspects of annuals and natives plant production.
This active role enables you to work in lovely surroundings in a fun and stimulating environment, and with great people.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A good knowledge and experience of horticulture
- Horticultural qualification desirable but not essential
- The ability to prepare and maintain annual, shrub, and perennial beds to a high standard
- Be competent in the use of mowers, weed-eaters, small tractors, and using sprays
- A current Drivers Licence (essential) and an HT Licence (desirable)
- You must be multi-skilled and prepared to work in a variety of areas when required;
- A very good level of fitness and accustomed to manual work;
- A positive, flexible approach to teamwork and able to work unsupervised and efficiently for significant periods of time.
So if you think you are up for the challenge that this role offers, please apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and health screening.