Water Serviceperson (trainee)
Permanent position - minimum 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (must be available for overtime and stand by as required).
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Water Supply Team is responsible for the maintenance and construction of the city water supply network. We are seeking a person with a positive attitude who enjoys working outdoors to join the Water Supply Team at Napier City Council.
Key tasks for the Water Supply Team includes carrying out repairs and general maintenance on the Council's water supply, networks and associated infrastructure, assist in the efficient and effective operation of the water reticulation networks and identify faults.
This position offers a positive stable work environment with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge, and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Able to work co-operatively in a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Reliable with good initiative and ability to follow instructions accurately
- Able to interpret plans and complete documentation
- Able to work overtime, including weekends and call outs, when required
- Able to cope with physical work outdoors in all weather
- Commitment to Health & Safety in workplace
- Current Class 1 Driver's Licence (full preferred, restricted may be considered)
- Must undertake training and complete National Certificate in Utilities Maintenance
- Able to work in confined spaces
Full training is provided with this position, however it will be an advantage if you have any of the following:
- Experience in the Civil Construction Industry
- Previous manual labouring work
- Experience working with underground services
- Class 2 Driver Licence, W-T-R endorsement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now.
We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.