Team Leader, Planning and Compliance
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
We are seeking a Team Leader who wants to help shape our city through effective and coordinated regulation. We are after someone who is solutions focused, and able to lead across a range of consent and compliance functions to ensure our city is vibrant and dynamic.
The successful candidate will join the Regulatory Solutions Team, within the City Strategy Directorate, and will look after the following areas:
- Resource Consents
- Liquor Licensing
- Environmental Health
Essential requirements are:
- A relevant tertiary degree, planning related preferred
- Regulatory experience at a senior or team leader level dealing with licensing and consenting processes, monitoring, investigation, and enforcement
- Exposure to dealing with hearing committees or courts would be beneficial
- Strong knowledge of regulatory practice and legislation relevant to local government regulation
- Ability to apply a regulatory ‘point-of-view' and focus what matters most to Napier
If you are passionate about delivering regulatory excellence, and want to work across a wide range of regulatory functions, here is your opportunity to be part of our team.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.