Manager Business Excellence and Transformation
Napier is a lively and vibrant city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We now have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Manager to join our team.
The Manager Business Excellence and Transformation is responsible for developing and leading a wide range of functions across Council, including strategic direction setting in accordance with Council's policy, relevant legislation and community needs and to ensure the effective delivery of customer solutions focused services.
The person we are seeking is a senior leader with a proven track record of delivering successful outcomes & building staff capability. You will possess strategic thought processes and will have the ability to analyse complex information and make timely decisions.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring a planned programme for the organisation, to meet the requirements of the Baldridge Excellence Framework and CouncilMark Excellence Programme.
- Developing and leading targeted strategic business transformation programmes and projects across the organization, including service delivery reviews
- Leading the implementation of the Risk Management Strategy for Council, developing capability in risk management across the organization, and chairing of the internal Risk Committee
- Providing responsive and proactive support and advisory services for elected members, Council and committees.
Key requirements for the role:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Significant experience in achieving transformational and innovative organisational change
- Experience in managing governance and leadership interface, and supporting good governance practices
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills
- A knowledge of council-related legislation, systems and processes is desirable
If you an adaptable change agent with initiative and influencing skills, this could be the next step for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which will include drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.