Lead Technician - MTG Hawke's Bay
Permanent position working 40 hours per week
MTG Hawke's Bay is an award-winning museum, home of the region's art, taonga and other treasures. The museum has an exciting programme of changing exhibitions and events and also incorporates a theatre and education programmes. We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Lead Technician to join our Exhibitions & Facilities Team. This is a new position at MTG and we are looking for the right person to make it a success.
You will have experience and a high skill level in all aspects of technical work needed for preparing and installing a broad range of exhibitions. Working closely with the Exhibitions & Facilities Coordinator, you can be relied upon to deliver to project timeframes and to support and guide other technicians to achieve team goals.
This is a hands on role, where you will actively work with exhibition designers, technicians, artists, curators and the collections team, so your ability to build relationships is essential.
If you are passionate about helping deliver engaging, innovative and creative exhibitions for our visitors, we want to hear from you!
What you need to bring to this position:
- 5 years' museum or art gallery experience
- Proven experience coordinating resources and work teams
- Experience successfully guiding and coaching others
- Strong planning skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Proven skills and experience in all technical aspects of exhibition preparation and installation including matting & framing of artworks, mount making for objects, construction, audio visual and lighting
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Imagination and a positive, solutions focused attitude
Napier City Council is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which will include drug testing and a police check.