Permanent position working 40 hours per week.
Napier is the cultural, artistic, transport and technology hub of the Hawke's Bay region and is quickly developing into the best small city in New Zealand.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Project Management Team is responsible for the management and delivery of infrastructure projects and contracts. This is a key role in the planning, organising, leading and controlling of large and often complex projects. You will have an in-depth knowledge and extraordinary skills in delivering projects and have the drive and passion to deliver a programme of work that will transform the City.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and overseeing infrastructure projects using standard project management processes.
- Coordinating multi-disciplined teams of internal and external resources to achieve agreed objectives.
- Administering or supervising contracts and reporting on their performance.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively contributing to the leadership of our organization and strengthening its performance culture.
- Implementing the development and improving the maturity of NCC Project Management practices.
To be considered for the position you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, with at least 5 years' civil engineering and project management experience, or without a relevant qualification, at least 12 years' relevant experience in infrastructure or building related fields.
- Managed multiple projects concurrently with budgets in the hundreds of thousands to several million dollars.
- Delivered substantial sized projects within Local or Central Government, or the engineering, infrastructure or construction sector.
- Managed projects involving multiple disciplines and the coordination of input from multiple contractors.
- A good understanding of NZS3910 contracts, New Zealand Standards and Codes of Practice associated with Local Authority infrastructure.
- An awareness of budget responsibilities and business performance efficiency metrics.
What do we offer you?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you as a Project Manager to use your experience to contribute to the ongoing development of a high performing and competent project management team in a supportive environment.
Our Design & Project Team is in a growth phase within a Council that is building a culture of excellence, accountability and collaboration. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received so we may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.