Permanent position working 40 hours per week.
Are you looking to further your career in IT?
Our Information Management team are looking for a suitably qualified IT professional to maintain and support business applications and systems at the Napier City Council.
This position will suit a person who holds a National Diploma in Computing (level 6) and has at least 4 year's previous experience in a IT support role. Your knowledge of relational databases, data structures, reporting, extracts and enterprise business applications will see you well suited to this role.
How will you add value?
- You love to solve problems, have an eye for detail, enjoy understanding how things work under the hood, and enjoy a team environment.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills and work well in a relaxed work environment.
- Your strengths are your communication skills and you're able to work closely with customers and the rest of Information Services team with an aim of resolving complex issues. This means you'll be a problem solver and have an openness to sharing information with your team members around you.
- You will not be afraid to ask questions and research solutions. You are able to work well in a team situation, and comfortable taking a collaborative approach in order to achieve the best outcome.
- You are self-motivated, with a desire for continuous improvement.
- You are open, helpful and with a respectful attitude toward the requirements of the job and the people with whom you work.
Knowledge or experience in the following technologies/practices would give you an advantage:
- Providing a consistently high level of service to customers,
- Solid experience (at least 5 years) with relational databases, data structures, data reporting, extracts and manipulation is essential.
- Experience using and querying database technologies, preferably MySQL and MS SQL.
- Wide experience (at least 5 years) and knowledge of enterprise business applications such as Financial, Asset and transactional software is essential.
- Able to analyse issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Strong overall technical competence in computer infrastructure, operating systems, applications and database systems.
- Be able to identify, evaluate and resolve computer, systems and user problems, including compatibility conflicts, software performance.
- Confidence to provide clear instructions and supervision of suppliers and support staff.
- Linux knowledge
You will also have the confidence to provide instructions and training to staff and have experience in project management processes.
In return we will provide you with the foundation to progress a career in information services.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our preferred candidates are required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.