Associate Project Manager
Permanent position working 40 hours per week.
Napier is the cultural, artistic, transport and technology hub of the Hawke's Bay region and is quickly developing into the best small city in New Zealand.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Project Management Team is responsible for the management and delivery of all infrastructure projects and contracts. Under the supervision of the Senior Project Management team, you will manage and oversee projects using your project management skills. People with relevant civil engineering and construction backgrounds would be preferred although someone with proven relevant work experience and skills will also be considered. You will have an interest and a passion to deliver a programme of work that will transform our City.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing building and infrastructure projects using standard project management processes
- Coordinating multi-disciplined teams of internal and external resources to achieve agreed objectives
- Administering or supervising project contracts and reporting on contract performance impacts
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Actively contributing to the leadership of the organisation and strengthening its performance culture
- Participating in the development and maturity of NCC Project Management practices and quality
To be considered for the position you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in civil engineering or construction or project management, or proven relevant work experience and skills
- Three to four years' experience (with a tertiary qualification) or seven years' experience in design, construction management, or compliance inspection of projects (without a tertiary qualification)
- A good knowledge of reading and writing design specifications and the tendering process associated with the NZS3910 suite of contracts
What do we offer you?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly graduated engineer or someone with relevant building or engineering experience to use your skills to contribute to the ongoing development of a high performing and competent project management team in an environment that is transforming.
Our Design & Project Team is in a growth phase within a council that is building a culture of excellence, accountability and collaboration. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.