Parks Asset Planner
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Parks Asset Planner to join our Parks, Reserves and Sportsground team within Asset Management.
This role is key to ensure the Parks and Reserves network is managed and developed in accordance with Asset Management Plans, Reserve Management and District Plans and the City Vision.
As part of the roles you will be responsible for:
- Implement the major capital works programme along with minor capital and renewals by identifying, developing and costing the work
- Provide input into subdivision and resource consent to ensure "greenspace objectives" are met
- Regular monitoring of "parks" maintenance programme.
- Provide input into strategic policy for greenspace, reserve management plans, district plan, operational policy and bylaw reviews and asset management planning
To fulfil this role, you will have an excellent attention to detail and analytical skills, exceptional communication skills (written and oral), along with:
- A Bachelors Degree in Planning or Landscape Architecture
- At least seven years' experience in planning or landscape architecture
- Experience in the administration of the Reserves Act, Local Government Act and Resource Management Act
- Previous project management experience
- Experience in community engagement, problem solving and ability to reach decisions
If you think this role is for you, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.