Sportsground Team Member
Permanent position working 42.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday, plus some weekends and public holidays depending on events).
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sportsground Team Member to join our Sportsground Team who will be responsible for the preparation of sports turf surfaces to national and international standards and to carry out all necessary work involved in the day to day presentation and maintenance of 164 ha of sportsgrounds.
You will be responsible for:
- Cricket wicket curator duties - preparation of cricket wickets, move cricket covers and portable pitch when required
- The mowing operations at any of the 15 sportsgrounds in the city area
- Assist McLean Park and Nelson Park staff with outfield mowing when required in lead up to events
- Maintaining Marine Parade Sound Shell Lawns to a high standard of presentation
- Assisting with seasonal changeover of Sporting Codes
- Assist with grounds marking, small motorized plant work, hand mowing, tractor mowing, implement work, watering and any other preparation, maintenance or development of sportsgrounds
- Ensuring the ongoing development of a high performing and competent team
This is a multi-skilled position and the incumbent will work as directed by the Team Leader Sportsgrounds Operations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A qualification in Sports Turf Management (level 4)
- Current Agrichemical Approved Handlers Certificate
- At least five years in turf management and sportsgrounds preparation, especially for cricket, rugby and football
- Experience in preparing cricket wickets preferred
- Experience with technical irrigation requirements and equipment
So if you think you are up for the challenge that this role offers, please apply now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.