Resource Consents Planner
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
Napier is a lively and vibrant city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Resource Consents Planner within Council's City Strategy directorate. You will be an integral member in a team of six staff directly involved in ensuring the integrated and coordinated delivery of City Strategy policies, and ultimately influencing the shape of the City.
As well as this you will be involved in:
- Processing of Resource Consents, Building Consents and LIMs
- Environmental monitoring and compliance
- Establishment and maintenance of strong and meaningful relationships with key agreed/targeted external and internal clients and providing high quality resource management/development advice
- The ongoing development of a high performing and competent team
So who are you?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person with:
- A tertiary degree in planning, surveying or engineering
- Ideally three to five years practical experience in resource management either policy or resource consents, or other similar experience
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation relating to resource management and local government
- Eligibility for NZPI membership
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of competency in negotiation, facilitation, coordination and conflict resolution
Don't delay, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.