3 Waters Lead
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
Napier is the cultural, artistic, transport and technology hub of the Hawke's Bay region and is quickly developing into the best small city in New Zealand.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are seeking an experienced three waters engineer to deliver three waters related infrastructure strategies and plans.
As a key member of the Infrastructure Directorate, you will:
- Develop long term asset management plans for water, waste water and stormwater addressing both short term and longer term needs
- Undertake infrastructure planning to understand current risks and leverage areas of opportunity
- Assist in building the asset management framework and asset management tools to IIMM or ISO 55000 standard
- Undertake life-cycle management of the asset portfolio including optimising solutions for critical assets
- Ensure service delivery arrangements between internal and external service providers are comprehensive, achievable and deliver value for money for the community
- Investigating and managing service supply challenges
- Develop and optimise maintenance plans
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- 5 - 10 years' experience in three waters in local government or consulting environment
- Extensive knowledge of municipal utilities engineering
- Experience in modelling three waters networks desirable
- Practical experience in the development and implementation of AMPs, performance monitoring and defining project requirements
- Project management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of NZ Development Standards and Council engineering practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent
This role will appeal to an experienced Civil Engineer who wants to progress their career into a more senior role with a Council that has a strong team and performance culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.