Drainage Team Member
Permanent position working 42.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Napier is a lively and vibrant city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Drainage Team is responsible for the maintenance and construction of the city stormwater and sewerage network. This is an exciting opportunity for a hard-working and self-motivated individual who will be exposed to different challenges while supporting the Drainage Team to perform a wide range of drainage construction projects.
To join our team you will need to have the following attributes:
- Competent in the use of small plant, plate compactors, jack hammers, concrete mixes, hand and power tools, etc
- Familiar with Health & Safety practises, procedures and policies
- Physically fit and accustom to manual work
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team and also unsupervised
- Ability to deal with general public and other customers
- Hold a current full drivers license
Ideally you will have previous knowledge or experience with drain laying or construction work. So, if you have a passion for working outdoors and getting your hands dirty, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If you are interested in reading more then take a look at the job description below and apply today!