Sportsground Team Member
Permanent position working 40 hours per week
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sportsground Team Member to join our Sportsground Team who will be responsible for the preparation of sports turf surfaces to national and international standards and to carry out all necessary supervision work involved in the day to day presentation and maintenance of 164 ha of sportsgrounds.
You will be responsible for:
- Cricket wicket curator duties within all sportsgrounds to a high standard, as directed.
- The mowing operations at McLean Park and assist Nelson Park staff with outfield mowing when required in lead up to events.
- Maintaining Marine Parade Sound Shell Lawns to a high standard of presentation.
- Assisting with seasonal change over of Sporting Codes
- Assist with grounds marking, weedie work, handmowing, greensmower, vertidraining, undersowing, dimple seeding coring, grooving, watering, agrichemical spraying and any other preparation, maintenance or development of sportsgrounds.
- Maintain weekly mowing requirements with the Hybrid Turf including watering and monitoring performance indicators of the turf
- Preparation of cricket wickets, move cricket covers and portable pitch when required.
- This is a multi-skilled position and the incumbent will work as directed by the Team Leader Sportsgrounds Operations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A qualification in Sports Turf Management is highly desirable (level 4)
- Current Agrichemical Approved Handlers Certificate
- Current Agrichemical Approved Handler Certificate
- At least five years in turf management and sportsgrounds preparation, especially for cricket, rugby and football.
- Experience in preparing cricket wickets preferred.
- Experience with technical irrigation requirements and equipment
- Experience with Hybrid Turf