Senior Design Engineer
Napier has long been considered the architectural jewel in Hawke's Bay's crown, but in 2017, it is also thriving as the cultural, artistic, transport and technology hub of the region.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
Reporting to the Team Leader Design and as a key member of the Infrastructure Directorate you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical advice on infrastructure designs to appropriate standards and ensuring three waters/roading and other infrastructure designs meet appropriate industry standards;
- Managing and undertaking verification of designs and drawings to ensure they are consistent with required design standards and that they deliver the design intent;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key external and internal stakeholders involved in the development of design and draughting plans;
- Contributing to the ongoing development of a high performing and competent team.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in engineering (Civil);
- Relevant engineering, design, and engineering review experience in three waters, roading, and other city infrastructure assets at a high technical level;
- Previous experience training/mentoring design team members in areas of best practice; further developing the idea of what best practice or 'good' looks like and how to apply it
- Knowledge of local authority infrastructure engineering, design and life cycle management principles and practices.
This role will appeal to an experienced Engineer who wants to progress their career into a leadership role with a council that is building a culture of excellence, accountability and collaboration.