Napier is a lively and vibrant city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand's most popular, livable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a GIS Officer to join our friendly team.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Council's spatial information;
- Maintenance of the Council's spatial database and providing GIS support for all internal and external users of all GIS and related web applications;
- Promoting GIS as a tool and ensuring access to appropriate information for all internal and external users;
Core skills and competencies required:
- Experience in working with GIS Systems and related web applications;
- ESRI and MapInfo product skills required with some QGIS experience desirable;
- A high standard of interpersonal, oral and communication skills;
- Excellent writing skills with attention to accuracy;
- Project management skills (would be advantageous).