Asset Management Information Specialist
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
We are seeking an Asset Management Information Specialist to ensure the coordinated and integrated management of all asset management related data and information systems, consistent with strategies and policies.
As a key member of the Infrastructure Directorate you will:
- Assist asset managers to develop a comprehensive understanding of asset performance and condition trends, cost drivers, and risk exposure, through the interrogation and analysis of asset information and data;
- Be a super-user of the Council's Asset Management Information System (AMIS);
- Oversee the development of integrated asset data systems and geospatial information systems (GIS) by providing feedback on user requirements and guidance development needs to the system administrators in the Information Technology Team;
- Establish and maintain the asset hierarchy and associated asset information structures inside the AMIS;
- Assist and train other council staff in using the AMIS;
- Maintain awareness of, and involvement in, organisation wide IT / ICT projects that affect the AMIS or the Asset Management Framework (AMF);
- Ensure that asset related ICT tools and licenses remain fit for purpose and in date.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- 7 - 8 years' experience in a business analyst or similar analytical role within a physical asset based industry sector.
- Proven ability in interrogation of management database systems and information management practices
- Exposure to Strategic Asset Management concepts.
- Proven abilities in data analytics and data manipulation to identify trends, and their associated organisational risks and opportunities.
- The ability to build effective stakeholder relationships
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Success working with complex workflows in a dynamic and evolving enterprise environment.
- Experience in managing linkages between GIS and asset management systems.
- Experience with the following software packages / information technologies: Accela, Magiq, Oracle systems, Bently-Water, Arc GIS, CAMMS Sycle: Project, Risk, and Planning modules, RAMM, SPM Asset Management, or similar asset management technologies.
- Confident with spatial information and geo-spatial metadata standards and practices.
- A general understanding of software development methodologies, data modelling and timelines