Restaurant & Functions Support (Part time)
Are you passionate about working in a busy restaurant environment and enjoy functions and conferences? Then this could be the role for you.
Kennedy Park Resort is a fantastic accommodation and conference venue that creates fun family holiday experiences, provides the best choice for school group and sports teams accommodation and has a conference venue that lets you get down to business.
We are looking for an experienced restaurant and functions person to join our team on a permanent part-time basis.
As Restaurant and Functions Support you will be responsible for:
- Front- of- house restaurant and bar duties, and supervise casual staff.
- Providing logistical support for Kennedy Park's restaurant ("Storkey's") and conference operations, including room and equipment set up for conferences and functions.
- Assisting with food preparation and general kitchen and restaurant duties.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Practical experience in the Hospitality Industry such as restaurant and function catering (including food preparation and presentation), and Front-of-House service, with knowledge of the Sale of Liquor Act.
- Current General Manager Certificate essential.
- Positive, friendly and helpful personality, with a 'can do' attitude and a passion for customer service in a busy commercial environment.
- Ability to provide effective supervision of casual staff.
What is in it for you?
- Diverse and varied work environment
- Be part of an experienced team
- Work within an award winning resort
Hours of work: part time, minimum 25 hours per week over five days, Monday to Sunday on a rostered basis. Hours may vary dependant on bookings but generally 5 hours between 8.00am to 10.00pm.
You must be able to work weekends, public holidays and school holidays.